If you are between the ages of 19 and 29, are a citizen of any African country, and have a first degree with above average academic results (70% or upper second), you are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
We look for young Africans who have demonstrated the potential to embody our founding principles of reconciliation, education, entrepreneurship, and leadership. You must have already assumed leadership and made an impact on your campus or community.
- Roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs (using a preferred travel agent and calculated against direct linear distance)
- Participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Health, Accident and Travel)
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the mobility period
- Settling in Allowance
- Research Costs: Students that received a scholarship equal or longer than 10 months are eligible to receive funds to cover their research needs. The indicative maximum amount of research costs per academic year is of 600 Euros for Master students and 2000 Euros for Doctoral candidates. The distribution of funds from this pool shall be decided by the partners on the basis of the actual research needs of selected students. Students will be required to submit a budget for research.
- An extra allowance corresponding to the monthly subsistence allowances will be paid per academic year to female master students and doctoral candidates, for mobility equal or longer than 2 academic years.
- You are eligible for a second return ticket in case the mobility is equal or longer than two academic years.